Welcome to our Talk-Sport to enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

200 Pages«<136137138139140>»
Clack Bocks
Clack Bocks
Team Player
Member
Join: 23/05/2012(UTC)
Posts: 678
Location: DT '12 = 512. DT '13 = 1,077 Fant '14 = 472, DT '14 = 702

#2741 Posted : Saturday, 2 March 2013 6:31:13 AM(UTC)
Fraser wrote:
Burgess and Hurrell

v

Gillett and Inglis??


Burgers and hurricane for high risk/reward

Gillet and Inglis for more certainty.

I'm going high risk this year
arsenal12
arsenal12
Leadership Group
Member
Join: 19/07/2009(UTC)
Posts: 2,338
Location: Melbz

#2742 Posted : Saturday, 2 March 2013 6:33:15 AM(UTC)
*****MESSAGE FOR ALL THOSE IN SPORTAL L9*****

Me and DamoSanchez will be sending out the league codes and a link to the Sportal Unlimited League. So please check your inbox in the next 24-48 hrs.

Cheers and al the best for your team this year! Smile
Finch
Finch
Seasoned Campaigner
Member
Join: 26/01/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,405
Location: Round 21 - Ranked 7.9k

#2743 Posted : Saturday, 2 March 2013 6:37:20 AM(UTC)
Clack Bocks wrote:
Burgers and hurricane for high risk/reward

Gillet and Inglis for more certainty.

I'm going high risk this year



Yeah I agree, first option. You wont win Dream Team by playing it safe, you need to take some risks somewhere along the line. Although I am a Warriors fan and biased I guess Hurrell could definitely be hitting 50s consistently if not the odd 70+ thrown in as well. Well worth the risk.
Kung_Fu_Panda
Kung_Fu_Panda
Hall of Famer
Member
Join: 1/02/2012(UTC)
Posts: 11,687
Location: NRL Fantasy Rd 4 = 95th

#2744 Posted : Saturday, 2 March 2013 6:53:58 AM(UTC)
I can't wait for the season to start and the injuries start to roll in and everybody's plans are thrown out the window as they try and re-shuffle their side to make up for the loss of key players due to injury.

Anybody want to guess who will be the first big name (DT wise) who gets injured?

Burgess?
Gidley?
Dugan?
R0bDog
R0bDog
Veteran
Member
Join: 11/02/2011(UTC)
Posts: 4,256
Location: Sunshine State

#2745 Posted : Saturday, 2 March 2013 7:01:32 AM(UTC)
Mannah & Mateo

or

Tolman & Anasta?
Clack Bocks
Clack Bocks
Team Player
Member
Join: 23/05/2012(UTC)
Posts: 678
Location: DT '12 = 512. DT '13 = 1,077 Fant '14 = 472, DT '14 = 702

#2746 Posted : Saturday, 2 March 2013 7:02:00 AM(UTC)
No Love?

THE REAL FANTASY NRL


New 16 team league with a difference. You will need "wags/brothers/fathers" teams as this will have nothing to do with overall scores.

Each team will be based on one of the real 16 NRL sides (selected by draft)

Each player can only be selected in one team. Your first 20 players must play for your real NRL team, the remaining spots will then be filled in a supplementary draft.

All teams and players can trade as many times as they want. (DT only allows 2 adds per week and 4 during major bye rounds coaches will have to use some strategy). As all teams are entered into NRL dream team the salary cap will be in place and each coach must manage that.

Any player added to DT during the season the real NRL team has first option, if passed then that player goes to free agency (wavier- will follow draft order)

Post if your keen, have any suggestions or questions

Just a reminder that ill be running this extra league. The quicker we get 16 teams the better as we get more "free" trading before kick off.


1. Shanbon
2. Clack Blocks
3. Rabbit
4. my tv broke
5.MTSP8S
6.Wolfee
7. therupsta_1
8. Fraser
9.Teetotalor
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
DTTragic
DTTragic
Team Player
Member
Join: 14/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 510
Location: Sydney

#2747 Posted : Saturday, 2 March 2013 7:02:49 AM(UTC)
R0bDog wrote:
Mannah & Mateo

or

Tolman & Anasta?

definitely the first one

bought rlw the other day, some great stories - anyone interested in a summary of some of them? wont bother if no real interest shown
Clack Bocks
Clack Bocks
Team Player
Member
Join: 23/05/2012(UTC)
Posts: 678
Location: DT '12 = 512. DT '13 = 1,077 Fant '14 = 472, DT '14 = 702

#2748 Posted : Saturday, 2 March 2013 7:03:14 AM(UTC)
R0bDog wrote:
Mannah & Mateo

or

Tolman & Anasta?


Tolman & Anasta.

While I stand by saying high risk/reward is important. Mateo is just a nightmare
R0bDog
R0bDog
Veteran
Member
Join: 11/02/2011(UTC)
Posts: 4,256
Location: Sunshine State

#2749 Posted : Saturday, 2 March 2013 7:08:06 AM(UTC)
Clack Bocks wrote:
Tolman & Anasta.

While I stand by saying high risk/reward is important. Mateo is just a nightmare


I know that feel with Mateo.. I had him all of last year, but for some reason, I seem to be drawn to him, the same with Anasta, I hate the c*nt, but just have one of those feelings that he could go decently this year..
Clack Bocks
Clack Bocks
Team Player
Member
Join: 23/05/2012(UTC)
Posts: 678
Location: DT '12 = 512. DT '13 = 1,077 Fant '14 = 472, DT '14 = 702

#2750 Posted : Saturday, 2 March 2013 7:14:04 AM(UTC)
R0bDog wrote:
I know that feel with Mateo.. I had him all of last year, but for some reason, I seem to be drawn to him, the same with Anasta, I hate the c*nt, but just have one of those feelings that he could go decently this year..


Ditto, luckily i saw the light and sold him 2 rounds after a high score.
With mateo, just look at his price compared to mannering. Just don't see mateo having any reason to do better than last year.
Kung_Fu_Panda
Kung_Fu_Panda
Hall of Famer
Member
Join: 1/02/2012(UTC)
Posts: 11,687
Location: NRL Fantasy Rd 4 = 95th

#2751 Posted : Saturday, 2 March 2013 7:25:53 AM(UTC)
DTTragic wrote:
definitely the first one

bought rlw the other day, some great stories - anyone interested in a summary of some of them? wont bother if no real interest shown

Which stories in particular? Feb 20th RLW right?

**edit** Just Realized there is a later one Very Happy Very Happy

Will pick it up tomorrow.

Edited by user Saturday, 2 March 2013 7:28:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

white lightning
white lightning
Leadership Group
Member
Join: 6/02/2013(UTC)
Posts: 2,363
Location: White Lightning 2013=120

#2752 Posted : Saturday, 2 March 2013 7:50:55 AM(UTC)
Instead of Mateo you could consider Wade Graham. Gibbs is out injured & I think Fifita too (could be wrong). This would mean Gallen moving to frf. I think Graham would benefit from this with increased minutes. Although the sharks have great depth at 2fr I think Graham was going to play the most minutes before the injuries. I am considering him. Thoughts.
Golden Knackers User is suspended until 27/06/2068 8:29:18 AM(UTC)
Golden Knackers
Rookie
Member
Join: 21/07/2012(UTC)
Posts: 173
Location: Nambour

#2753 Posted : Saturday, 2 March 2013 7:57:00 AM(UTC)
ninja wrote:
As a rule, I try to avoid overpriced players, second year players and wingers

mansour, taufua are guns
my tv broke
my tv broke
Veteran
Member
Join: 31/05/2011(UTC)
Posts: 3,113
Location: Brisbane.

#2754 Posted : Saturday, 2 March 2013 9:22:41 AM(UTC)
i feel like dugan is going to explode this year. raiders have big potential and he's been a little under the radar. guys like inglis are going to be targeted defensively... hmmmmm

Edited by user Saturday, 2 March 2013 9:23:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LegendFC
LegendFC
Rookie
Member
Join: 8/02/2010(UTC)
Posts: 180
Location: DT=402 SC=777 Fox=164

#2755 Posted : Saturday, 2 March 2013 10:02:09 AM(UTC)
my tv broke wrote:
i feel like dugan is going to explode this year. raiders have big potential and he's been a little under the radar. guys like inglis are going to be targeted defensively... hmmmmm


Me too... He just can't stay injury/sickness free....

Latest about him: http://www.canberratimes...-low-20130301-2fc45.html
Hannibalatcannae
Hannibalatcannae
Member
Member
Join: 24/01/2013(UTC)
Posts: 22
Location: Terrigal

#2756 Posted : Saturday, 2 March 2013 10:15:39 AM(UTC)
my tv broke wrote:
i feel like dugan is going to explode this year. raiders have big potential and he's been a little under the radar. guys like inglis are going to be targeted defensively... hmmmmm

I thought that about Dugan last year. He cannot go 6 rounds without smashing some part of his anatomy and then plays on injured.Teams are aware of him now and know he will not pass the ball and go all out to belt him. Even the saintly Minichiello from the Roosters tried to take his head off twice in one tackle! He will always look tempting but he is high maintenence for a fantasy coach.
sawyenara
sawyenara
Team Player
Member
Join: 25/02/2013(UTC)
Posts: 933
Location: Brisbane

#2757 Posted : Saturday, 2 March 2013 10:41:02 AM(UTC)
Konrad Hurrell - I just cannot wait to see this guy destroy teams and score me a million points per week. Wink
ninja
ninja
Rookie
Member
Join: 18/02/2010(UTC)
Posts: 285
Location: Sunshine Coast

#2758 Posted : Saturday, 2 March 2013 11:41:15 AM(UTC)
Golden Knackers wrote:
mansour, taufua are guns


Good players, maybe. Are they good fantasy players? We'll see, but I'd be shocked if either of them was a worthwhile pick this year - possible exception if Mansour plays fullback.
mtsp8s
mtsp8s
Hall of Famer
Member
Join: 28/04/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,136
New Zealand
Location: Mt Smart Stadium

#2759 Posted : Saturday, 2 March 2013 4:50:03 PM(UTC)
Clack Bocks wrote:
No Love?

THE REAL FANTASY NRL


New 16 team league with a difference. You will need "wags/brothers/fathers" teams as this will have nothing to do with overall scores.

Each team will be based on one of the real 16 NRL sides (selected by draft)

Each player can only be selected in one team. Your first 20 players must play for your real NRL team, the remaining spots will then be filled in a supplementary draft.

All teams and players can trade as many times as they want. (DT only allows 2 adds per week and 4 during major bye rounds coaches will have to use some strategy). As all teams are entered into NRL dream team the salary cap will be in place and each coach must manage that.

Any player added to DT during the season the real NRL team has first option, if passed then that player goes to free agency (wavier- will follow draft order)

Post if your keen, have any suggestions or questions

Just a reminder that ill be running this extra league. The quicker we get 16 teams the better as we get more "free" trading before kick off.


1. Shanbon
2. Clack Blocks
3. Rabbit
4. my tv broke
5.MTSP8S
6.Wolfee
7. therupsta_1
8. Fraser
9.Teetotalor
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.


I'm a lil gutted that this may not get off its feet. Looked like quite a
good idea.
GreenMachine
GreenMachine
Seasoned Campaigner
Member
Join: 14/05/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1,274
Location: Green Machine DT13 - 894th (been better...)

#2760 Posted : Saturday, 2 March 2013 7:10:45 PM(UTC)
ninja wrote:
I think that was more when the mythical 'bye-proofing' was in vogue, where people were trying to plan for having a full squad every week, which I totally agree is not viable. But when I was playing last season I was up in the top few around this time and found that most of the teams who had all their core players out at the same time seemed to drop off the face of the Earth (I remember Prestige Worldwide's reign on top came to an end after a week where he only had about 10 or so players). All I'm suggesting here is that people avoid picking the bulk of their long-term players with the same byes and look at combinations of core players whose byes complement each other.

Luck is always going to be a factor in doing well, but injuries, poor form, etc can happen to anyone regardless of their bye strategy. And I definitely agree about looking at byes once you start making trades after the 'fix-up' trades in the first few weeks - forgot to mention this in my original post.



Great posts
Users browsing this topic
Guest
200 Pages«<136137138139140>»
Forum Jump