Welcome to our Talk-Sport to enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

198 Pages«<3738394041>»
milchcow
milchcow
Seasoned Campaigner
Join: 24/01/2014(UTC)

#761 Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 4:56:52 PM(UTC)

If the round 1 price changes take into account the last few rounds of last season (for those players that played NRL in 2013) then some guys will be starting off with artificially low break evens

Eg Ryan James is proved on an average of around 36.5, but averaged over 50 in the last 5 rounds - which would mean very low break even (assuming the BE forumlae is essentially the same as last years but with 5 round rather than 3 round average)

Cam Smith scored 100 in round 26 last year - if that counts towards his BE then he'll start the year with his price going up too.

Conversely Greg Inglis had a poor finish to the season (DT wise) so he could be set for a high BE

Has Lone Scout or anyoner official provided better clarification on how it will work. Because if price change will take into account the end of last year (which seems silly to me but you never know) then that's going to have a big impact on which guns to pick first up
white lightning
white lightning
Leadership Group
Join: 6/02/2013(UTC)

#762 Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 4:57:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: lukeaye Go to Quoted Post
Smith even scares me with a 5/8 roll. I know he played well there last year for those 2 games, but what will a whole season bring. Parker will have a huge year.

At this stage its Gallen or Merrin for me.

If Smith has to play 5/8 for the 1st few then imo it will be to the benefit of Hinchcliffe & Harris. Smith to 5/8 - Hinchcliffe to 9 - Harris off bench to 2fr. Also K. Bromwich may see more game time.

FinchyNZ
FinchyNZ
Leadership Group
Join: 26/10/2013(UTC)
New Zealand

#763 Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 5:02:02 PM(UTC)
Heres a name I haven't seen anybody mention thus far..

Todd Carney..

Im probably grabbing him.

StuDogg101
StuDogg101
Team Player
Join: 6/02/2012(UTC)
New Zealand

#764 Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 5:02:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: thehench Go to Quoted Post
Do they have Assistant coach or something like that?

It's 'Gold' or something now isn't it?

So, yes.
milchcow
milchcow
Seasoned Campaigner

#765 Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 5:05:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PhilGouldsChins Go to Quoted Post
Anyone have access to minutes played/position from last season please?

I've got all regular season games from NRLStats in a spreadsheet

Its pretty amateur stuff compared to TTs spreadsheets and some of the other guys that around, but it lets me look up data like that.

I can put it on a file-sharing site if people are keen.

Rooster Booster
Rooster Booster
Team Player
Join: 22/05/2010(UTC)

#766 Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 5:10:45 PM(UTC)
Why is it The NEW DT Virtual Sports going to be talking NRL Fantasy (NRL.com) on their website.
Scroll down to the last paragraph on Page 2.

http://dreamteam.pillardigital.com.au/

"Alright cheers everyone for coming along.

We'll be doing regular Live Chats - likely on Thursdays - talking not just DT but SC and Fantasy.

Because heck - all the info you want to know applies to all 3 games doesn't it?

Thanks for your company

Sincerely,

The Postman and when he was paying attention, NFI."

and

" You'll really want to make sure you get Assistant Coach this year everyone - think the best of what you've seen before but 100000% better. Seriously - you won't want to play SuperCoach or NRL Fantasy without what we're going to be offering.

Hint: Think what you get in NFL/NHL/NBA/MLB Fantasy games in the States - serious information overload" Surprised
Kung_Fu_Panda
Kung_Fu_Panda
Hall of Famer
Join: 1/02/2012(UTC)

#767 Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 5:11:49 PM(UTC)
Finchy, don't be fooled by Carney's somewhat low price. I had him for a while last year and his scores fluctuated like crazy.
Kung_Fu_Panda
Kung_Fu_Panda
Hall of Famer

#768 Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 5:16:51 PM(UTC)
Have kick meters points changed? Or is that just in DT -VS.
standard-issue
standard-issue
Legend
Join: 10/05/2012(UTC)
Location: Perth via QLD, next stop Leichhardt. DT 2013: 1435; Sportal Leagues Ranking: 61.

#769 Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 5:18:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: milchcow Go to Quoted Post
If the round 1 price changes take into account the last few rounds of last season (for those players that played NRL in 2013) then some guys will be starting off with artificially low break evens

Eg Ryan James is proved on an average of around 36.5, but averaged over 50 in the last 5 rounds - which would mean very low break even (assuming the BE forumlae is essentially the same as last years but with 5 round rather than 3 round average)

Cam Smith scored 100 in round 26 last year - if that counts towards his BE then he'll start the year with his price going up too.

Conversely Greg Inglis had a poor finish to the season (DT wise) so he could be set for a high BE

Has Lone Scout or anyoner official provided better clarification on how it will work. Because if price change will take into account the end of last year (which seems silly to me but you never know) then that's going to have a big impact on which guns to pick first up

Personally haven't seen an explanation/confirmation. I might have a full look around the Fantasy site and see if there is an explanation hidden somewhere.
milchcow
milchcow
Seasoned Campaigner

#770 Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 5:20:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kung_Fu_Panda Go to Quoted Post

Kick metres the same in NRL.com fantasy ( divided by 20)
standard-issue
standard-issue
Legend
Location: Perth via QLD, next stop Leichhardt. DT 2013: 1435; Sportal Leagues Ranking: 61.

#771 Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 5:20:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kung_Fu_Panda Go to Quoted Post

Just VS; divided by 30, Fantasy still 20.
sebastian tombs
sebastian tombs
Hall of Famer
Moderator, Member
Join: 12/09/2009(UTC)
Location: ST Dragons . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2013 = 1987th (#76)

#772 Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 5:21:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkKnight_ Go to Quoted Post
Really have to try hard not to sign up for every comp this year. The differences in the scoring and prices can lead to errors in selections / trades for that game. Plus its annoying when you have a player get injured in one comp and it screws you over, but helps you in another.

I agree DK.

I was planning to only NRL.com Fantasy and VS Dream Team this year, foolishly thinking they were both going to slightly differing versions of DT 2013.

But my current perception is that VS Dream Team is a modified version of DT 2013, whereas NRL.com Fantasy is a completely different beast to DT 2013 and IMO an absolute a.bortion.

Hence, it looks like VS Dream Team will be the only comp I play this year.

Kung_Fu_Panda
Kung_Fu_Panda
Hall of Famer

#773 Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 5:21:54 PM(UTC)
Starting to dislike DT VS......
sebastian tombs
sebastian tombs
Hall of Famer
Moderator, Member

#774 Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 5:29:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkKnight_ Go to Quoted Post
Do you remember Huaaa? ST will.

He got into my team and left the note "huaaa was here" to prove it.

You bet I do! One of the 4 musketeers from the halcyon days 2010, and the poster sometimes known as blaaaaaahhh Smile

I miss huaaa. A good guy, and an awesome DT player.

Have you heard from him recently DK? Any idea how his uni studies are going?

thehench
thehench
Veteran
Join: 17/06/2013(UTC)

#775 Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 5:40:07 PM(UTC)
Hayne is a SC only player for me. That's if he is 5/8th eligible.
Teetotaler
Teetotaler
Stalwart
Join: 23/06/2010(UTC)
Australia

#776 Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 5:40:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DreadLord Go to Quoted Post
I remember reading this , and the cynic in me wondered if they added some hoodoo shit into the formula to stop guys like you rendering their 'Assistant Coach' virtually worthless.

Looks like they have succeeded DL.
They also changed the stats centre enough to stop me from importing all the player stats automatically every week.

I CBF asking the Mr Excel forum geeks if there is a way to do it or not.
Anyone heard from arsendragon, wether he is on top of the changes or not?
sebastian tombs
sebastian tombs
Hall of Famer
Moderator, Member

#777 Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 5:43:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rooster Booster Go to Quoted Post
Hi Guys welcome to a NEW Year of Fantasy, good to see a lot of the regulars are back.

Somehow I still have access to last years pages on DT and Haynes average was 40.60.

I don't think I like the NEW set up of NRL Fantasy ( the old DT) as the Salary Cap is way to high
inline with the players prices.

In the real world of Rugby League the Salary Cap has gone up as with the players wages,
so NRL fantasy need to wake up to themselves as its too easy to set up a team and have a bunch '
of guns in your initial line up because their system is out of whack.

Every Tom, **** & Harry will have the same team after a small space of time so to me it doesn't
take a genius to put a good squad together early.

A lot of Rookies will come in and do very well, so expect the weekly scores to be a lot higher
this year as we'll all have more guns a lot earlier, as such it will be very hard to win a weekly or be
in the Top echelon of overall rankings.

Also the Prize Money their offering this year is a joke, $2ok is very paltry compared with Centerbet.
As these competitions across the world get bigger each and every year in relation to the sheer amount
numbers of players and sponsors so usually does the prize money.

In the US some of the Draft Fantasy leagues are offering Millions of dollars in prize money and the purse
is getting larger from one season to the next, where as here in Australia in seems to be going in reverse
and they still charge $20 for a Fantasy or Assistant Coach.

Even last year DT gave away some car from Toyota which had to be worth $4ok, why couldn't
Holden now the Official Sponsor offer a New Car.

Anyway I will still play all competitions that offer Prize Money but I was hoping the prizes would increase
not decline; will be interested to see what SC and Centrebet will offer this year as I know Sportsbet prizes
are gradually dwindling year after year as well giving away free bets instead of cash .

Overall I think the NEW DT (Virtual Sports) looks more inline with how the game should be played,
though I like the Old Scoring System on Sportsbet & Centrebet which is like the Original DT.

Good luck to all and congratulations ST on becoming a MOD, and after reading your posts I think you
would enjoy Sportbet or Centrebet as they use the Old Scoring System you like.

Go you Mighty Roosters ! Very Happy

Hey Rooster. Welcome back mate. Smile

I agree with your comments about VS DT being (much) closer to how the game should be played than NRL.com Fantasy.

I experimented with Sportsbet last year and found that it produced very consistent scores, and hence was more of a game of skill than the mainstreams games like SC and DT which are being designed to attract the average footy fan because luck plays such a huge part.

However, I discovered that nearly all the top 50 players were either FRF's or SRF's, which made the Sportsbet comp appear a bit lame.

standard-issue
standard-issue
Legend

#778 Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 5:46:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Teetotaler Go to Quoted Post
They also changed the stats centre enough to stop me from importing all the player stats automatically every week.

Gday TT. Arsen dropped in here last week so hopefully he comes back in to Sportal every now and again. I haven't seen him mention it on Renegades, but ST is on other FB pages that Cam is on I think.
sebastian tombs
sebastian tombs
Hall of Famer
Moderator, Member

#779 Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 5:54:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rooster Booster Go to Quoted Post
ST maybe you could post the link of The Ranking Thread when you post this again for all people still coming back.

Good thinking Rooster. Smile

But now that I have the editing powers of a mod, it is much easier for all concerned if I simply return the missing sticky to the DT thread, so that everyone keen easily find their 2013 rankings (both overall and Sportal).

Edited by user Sunday, 26 January 2014 5:57:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

milchcow
milchcow
Seasoned Campaigner

#780 Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 5:57:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Teetotaler Go to Quoted Post

Teetotaller - and anyone else that fancies having a go - link to excel spreadsheet at bottom of this post

The spreadsheet here will download from NRLSTats semi-automatically.

The first column in each of the round workbooks is a list of gameids for that round (you can get them form the URL of each game on the nrlstats website)
Games that go to golden point have different tables so you need to put a letter in front of them for my macro to work

Just put in all that rounds gameids and then 'Ctrl+Shift+G' to execute a macro that will grab all the games for you - takes 10-20seconds to run.

I just have a simple lookup sheet at the front to do my analysis. I know its possible to make it fancier but this is what my excel skill shave coem up with. The one downside is that to find the player correctly his name needs to be typed in manually (and exact spelling - annoying for guys like Ava Seumanu***ai)

If anyone knows any easy (or mildly difficult) ways to improve I'm all ears.

http://www.mediafire.com.../NRL%20Stats%202013.xlsm